Love has inspired some of the greatest songs, most interesting stories and significant family dynasties in country music. Weve assembled our list of the Top 25 Country Couples. Their relationships are filled with drama, romance, jealousy, famous offspring and some really great music. From The Carter Family to Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, heres our list of the Top 25 Country Couples.
1) May 14, 2011 - Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert tied the knot in front of 600 friends and family on a ranch in Texas. With décor by Junk Gypsy, the wedding was the event of the year, with Neal McCoy serving as wedding singer and a round of karaoke that featured the likes of Reba, Lady Antebellum and Chris Young. Blake and Miranda teamed up to pen Mirandas No. 1 hit "Over You" about the death of Blakes old brother. The song won the pair th3 CMA Award for Song of the Year in 2012 and the ACM Award for Song of the Year in 2013.
2) October 26, 1969 - Jessi Colter married Waylon Jennings in Mesa, Arizona. They both contributed to country music's first platinum album, Wanted: The Outlaws, and Waylon frequently hailed Jessi as a major force in helping him conquer his cocaine addiction. Waylon passed away on February 13, 2002. In 2006, Jessi released her first traditional studio album in 20 years, and their son Shooter Jennings has followed in mom and dads footsteps as a recording artist.
3) March 1, 1968 - Johnny Cash exchanged vows with June Carter at the Methodist Church, in Franklin, Kentucky. Both had previous marriages that produced yet more country stars: Johnny and his first wife, the former Vivian Liberto, welcomed Rosanne Cash; and June's wedding to Country Music Hall of Fame member Carl Smith yielded Carlene Carter. Johnny and June lasted long enough to observe their 35th anniversary. Sadly, June died on May 15, 2003 and Johnny died later that same year on September 12.
4) July 10, 2010 Carrie Underwood may be a country music superstar, but she didnt marry one she chose a Music City hockey star instead! Introduced to Mike Fisher, a center for the Nashville Predators, through mutual friends, the pair were married in a beautiful ceremony at the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds Plantation in Georgia. While they have very different, demanding careers, Carrie is often spotted at Mikes hockey games or is live tweeting them while on the road! while Mike proudly supports his wife at shows and red carpet events.
5) December 28, 1993 - Shania Twain married record producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange in Northern Ontario, Canada. Before that, Shania was a struggling singer, but together, they set new musical trends and earned a Grammy for co-writing their romantic song "You're Still The One." Shania shared her anniversary with another country singer: Billy Ray Cyrus married Leticia Finley at home in Tennessee the same day, dressed in spiffy blue jeans and a cut-up sweatshirt. Billy Ray and Tish separated in October 2010 -- and before that, Shania left Mutt in May 2008 following his alleged affair with Shanias best friend.
But Shania's story has a happy ending. In December 2010, she got engaged to Frédéric Thiébaud. Shania and Fred tied the knot on New Year's Day, 2011.