11) December 10, 2005 - Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood said "I do" at their home in Owasso, Oklahoma. They had known each other for more than 15 years and sung on each other's records, and Garth's public proposal on one knee remains one of the most enduring country images of 2005. The couple will return to the stage now that their children are out of high school for Garths 2014 Comeback Tour which could last as long as three years.
12) December 31, 1947 - Roy Rogers married Dale Evans at the Flying L Ranch in Murray County, Oklahoma. The two were already co-stars, but the union allowed them to travel many happy trails together on a daily basis. Oddly enough, Roy was late for the ceremonyhe was detained putting out a fire started by a cigarette butt in another room. And, for the record, even though they spent plenty of time with their horses, Trigger and Buttermilk, she did not consider her flowers a "bridle" bouquet!
13) April 14, 1948 - Two months after leaving Bill Monroe's band, Earl Scruggs married Louise Certain in Gaffney, South Carolina. She became the manager of Flatt & Scruggs and had a huge role in putting bluegrass in an upscale light. In the ultimate demonstration of family ties, their sonsGary, Steve and Randyplayed with their dad during the '70s in the progressive band The Earl Scruggs Revue. Earl passed away in March of 2012.
14) March 10, 2000 - Vince Gill married Christian singer Amy Grant in Nashville, with about 75 people attending. Amy took her vows barefoot, and six weeks later, Vince took her to the Grand Ole Opry, where she made her debut, duetting with her husband on "How Great Thou Art."
15) March 15, 2003 - Brad Paisley married actress Kimberly Williams in Malibu, California. How could she say no to someone who wrote a song as sweet as "Little Moments" about her? The couple now has two sons, Huck and Jasper. Ironically, Brad had seen Kimberly star in Father of the Bride years before when his career was just starting to take shape and she was in one of her first major roles and had harbored a crush on her. He asked her to be in his "Im Gonna Miss Her" music video and the rest is history.