GAC’s “Ultimate Garth Getaway”
Complete Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
- Eligibility: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have a valid e-mail address and internet access prior to October 15, 2007. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and where restricted or prohibited by law. Individuals who have won a prize from GAC and GACTV.com within 180 days (6 months) prior to October 15, 2007 are NOT eligible. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees of The E.W. Scripps Company (“Main Sponsor”), Ritway, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) and other sponsors, their affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries, website developers and administrators, and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by robots or scripts are considered to be a direct violation of these Official Rules and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entries.
- Drawing and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner and First Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received in a random drawing held on or about November 1, 2007, by Ritway, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by phone, e-mail, and/or U.S. mail. If a potential winner cannot be not be reached within seven (7) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such person may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, such entry will be declared made by the registered user of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, and such registered user is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to such registered user. The “registered user” is the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the registered user of the e-mail address.
Total ARV of all prizes in Sweepstakes: $2,220.00
- A) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will win one (1) trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to the “One Artist, One City, One Time” Garth Brooks concert at the Sprint Arena in Kansas City consisting of the following: (i) round trip, coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest between closest major airport to Grand Prize Winner’s home and Kansas City; (ii) hotel accommodations in one (1) double occupancy room for three (3) days/two (2) nights (“Hotel”) (room rate and tax only); (iii) ground transportation between the airport and Hotel; (iv) special breakfast for two (2) on the day of the concert; (v) two (2) tickets for attendance to the Garth Brooks concert; (vi) ground transportation between the Hotel and concert venue (Approximate Retail Value of the concert/trip package (“ARV”): $2,000.00); and (vii) one (1) Garth Brooks compact disc/DVD “The Ultimate Collection” (ARV: $20.00).
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $2,020.00.
- First Prizes: Ten (10) First Prize Winners will each win one (1) Garth Brooks compact disc/DVD “The Ultimate Collection”. (Total ARV for each First Prize: $20.00).
Total ARV of all First Prizes: $200.00
The Hotel accommodations do not include any meals that are not specified as part of the Grand Prize above, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip. All other expenses not specifically identified as included in the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of each respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prize are winners’ responsibility. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prizes in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by Main Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion must be at least 21 years of age, and must also sign a Liability and Publicity Release as defined below. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel the same itinerary and on the dates and/or times specified by Main Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package) or cash alternative permitted, except by Main Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. All prizes will be awarded.
- Prize Conditions: Potential Prize winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”). All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the respective winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Grand Prize. Such documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If potential winner or Grand Prize Winner’s travel companion fails to return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
- Limitations of Liability: Grand Prize Winner, First Prize Winners, and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete on-line entries due to system errors, failures or any technical malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Main Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, then Main Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing of posting of the offer or in these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of the winner, or the distribution of any prizes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Winners’ List: After November 5, 2007, you may obtain the names of the Grand Prize Winner and First Prize Winners by consulting the GAC Website. Results of the drawing will be removed from the GAC Website on or about December 14, 2007.
- Main Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Great American Country, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, Tennessee 37932
- Sweepstakes Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 E. Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, TN 37909